Entertainment & Sports Arena features world-class amenities with a viewing experience to match right in the heart of Washington, D.C.’s Ward 8.
Home to the Mystics since 2019, ESA already has a special place in D.C. sports fans’ hearts. The intimate feel of the 4,200 seat building has created an intimidating home court advantage that helped propel the Mystics to their first WNBA Championship in 2019. With seats so close to the action there isn’t a better arena in the WNBA to watch a game.
Come join us in Congress Heights for a red-hot summer of Mystics basketball. We can’t wait to see you at ESA. Please take a moment to review ESA’s new health and safety protocols designed to keep fans, guest, employees, players and performers safe.
Entertainment & Sports Arena Bag Policy
In accordance with Events DC’s new safety and security guidelines, bags, backpacks and purses will not be permitted inside Entertainment & Sports Arena. Wallet-size clutches no larger than 5” x 7”, medical bags or parenting/diaper bags no larger than 14″ x 14″ x 6″ are permitted. Any medical or parenting bags (child must be present) that are exempted are subject to security screening. Due to COVD-19 protocols, there are no bag checks or bag storage locations available to the public at Entertainment & Sports Arena. Guests who require entry with a purse/bag should plan to arrive early to allow time to go through the additional security screening.
Whether you plan to drive, take public transportation, or use a ride-share app to get to a Mystics game, Entertainment & Sports Arena is accessible to everyone. Before you leave home, be sure to take a look below at all of the different ways you can get to ESA.
Driving to ESA
No matter where you’re coming from, Entertainment & Sports Arena is just off I-295, I-395, and the Capital Beltway.
If you are using Google Maps (or any other map on your phone or GPS device) enter “Entertainment & Sports Arena”.
Click here for detailed directions to ESA using Google Maps or see below for the arena’s address:
1100 Oak Drive SE
Washington, D.C. 20032
Parking at ESA
Limited on-site paid parking is available in the Green Lot and Red Lot. Early arrival is recommended. Green Lot spots must be reserved in advance. Cash and credit are accepted at both parking lots.
To access the Green Lot – enter through Malcom X Ave SE and 8th Street SE (2915 8th Street SE).
Click here to reserve your parking spot ahead of time. Shuttle service from the Green Lot will be available, but riders must wear a mask while on the shuttle.
To access the Red Lot – enter off Martin Luther King Jr. Ave SE (2700 Martin Luther King Jr. Ave SE). Shuttle service from the Red Lot will be available, but all riders must wear a mask while on the shuttle.
Parking availability and lot information are subject to and may change during the Mystics season.
Take the Green Line towards Branch Avenue to the Congress Heights Metro Station. Once on top of the escalators, it’s a 5-minute walk from the Congress Heights Metro Station to the arena.
Walk through the kiss & ride parking lot, alongside the blue lot and make a right on Oak Drive SE. The Entertainment & Sports Arena will be in front of you.
Take the DC Circulator from Union Station to Entertainment & Sports Arena in Congress Heights for $1.00 per ride.* The Circulator will operate for every home Mystics game in Congress Heights.
*Service times, fares, and routes are subject to change.
Take An Uber
Let someone else get you to and from the game. Take Uber to the driver drop off on Oak Drive SE, near the arena’s box office. Uber drivers can enter the arena at 12th Street and Alabama Ave SE.
Enter “Entertainment & Sports Arena” in the search/address field.
Download the Uber app here.
This Congress Heights staple has a location on the ESA concourse right outside Section 106. Beloved for its traditional sandwiches with unique twists, MLK Deli has become an integral part of Washington, DC’s culture. Be sure to stop by to get a taste of Ward 8.
Ubiquitously found at arenas around the country, Aramark provides the highest quality food and beverage service fans could ask for. Whether you’re in the mood for popcorn, chicken tenders, soda, or beer, visit the concession stands outside Section 101 or 111 to satisfy your craving.
The Orange Cow
Need a sweet treat to cap off your trip to a Mystics game? Orange Cow has you covered with high quality ice cream and frozen desserts. A DC favorite since it opened in 2011, Orange Cow never fails to make fans happy. Stop by the concession stands outside Section 101 or 111 to try it out yourself.
The Entertainment & Sports Arena is easy to navigate. Check out this arena map to locate your section, concession options and restrooms.
All public restrooms are accessible to our patrons with disabilities. An all-gender & family restroom is located outside section 111.
- Adhesive stickers
- Cans or coolers
- Confetti and streamers
- Frisbees or inflated balls
- Illegal drugs or drug paraphernalia
- Large flags and banners (except as noted)
- Laser pointers
- Metal or glass containers of any kind (Guests are allowed one empty, non-metallic bottle for use at Arena water fountains/bottle refilling stations)
- Missile or projectile-like objects
- Monopods, tripods or selfie sticks
- Noisemakers of any kind (such as can operated air horns, sirens, kazoos, whistles, etc.)
- Outside food and beverages
- Pets (with the exception of service animals)
- Poles and staffs (metal, plastic or wooden)
- Professional cameras with detachable zoom lenses and/or tripods
- Vape Pens and other electronic smoke devices
- Video camera and audio recording devices (including camcorders, GoPros, Contour cameras)
- Weapons of any kind (includes but not limited to guns, knives, mace, chains, spikes, projectiles, tasers, etc.)
- Wrapped gifts
Patrons may not enter Entertainment & Sports Arena with bags, backpacks, purses, or luggage. Wallet-size clutches no larger than 5” x 7”, medical bags or parenting/diaper bags no larger than 14″ x 14″ x 6″ are permitted. Any medical or parenting bags (child must be present) that are exempted are subject to security screening.
Please note: there are no bag checks or bag storage locations available to the public at the Entertainment & Sports Arena.
- Non-professional still cameras (digital or film) are allowed at Mystics basketball games at Entertainment & Sports Arena. Non-professional lenses are generally defined as lenses less than 6”in length.
- Professional cameras (generally defined as a camera with a fixed or detachable lenses longer than 6″ or large lenses) are PROHIBITED.
- No flash photography is permitted, regardless of camera size.
- Video cameras, and taking of video with other devices, are prohibited.
- We reserve the right to disallow cameras that, in the opinion of management, will be used to produce professionally marketed images.
- Tripods and monopods are not permitted.
- Standing or positioning oneself in order to take pictures in a manner that obstructs the view or enjoyment of the event by others is not permitted.
- Please note that any and all camera bags are not permitted at Entertainment & Sports Arena as ESA has a strict no-bag policy.
- Accredited professional photographers are required to be credentialed and must check-in with our Communications team upon entering our Arena.
Code of Conduct
Events DC and the Entertainment and Sports Arena are committed to creating a safe, comfortable, and enjoyable experience for all patrons visiting this facility.
Patrons may be subject to ejection and loss of access to events without a refund of purchased tickets as a result of the following inappropriate and disruptive behavior:
- Directing obscene, profane or abusive language toward event participants, patrons, or staff
- Directing obscene, profane or abusive behavior toward event participants, patrons, or staff
- Communicating obscene, profane or abusive displays on signs, clothing, or other visible
- representations; this includes chants, gestures, and other activity
- Indecent exposure or the wearing of obscene or indecent clothing
- Excessive consumption of alcohol
- Causing damage to arena property
- Smoking inside of the facility
- Possession or use of any illegal substance
- Scalping or other improper resale of tickets
- Interfering with or refusing security procedures
- Interfering with any operations related to the event
- Throwing any objects; onto the event floor, in the seating area, or on the concourse of the arena
- Failure to follow directions from arena staff regarding policies and emergency procedures
- Any other action warranting ejection and/or confiscation of event tickets by arena security
Entertainment & Sports Arena is a smoke free facility and smoking is not allowed anywhere in the arena. Vape Pens or similar are not allowed inside the arena and may be confiscated.
The above listed actions and any other activity deemed disruptive by arena staff will not be tolerated and may serve as grounds for removal. Additionally, by engaging in any of the above enumerated behavior or other disruptive behavior, persons may be subject to other actions including, but not limited to, debarment from the arena, arrest, and/or prosecution.
Call: 1-877-324-6671 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Your Monumental Sports Account Manager gives you a convenient, simple, and secure way to manage your Washington Capitals, Washington Wizards, Washington Mystics, and Capital City Go-Go tickets free of charge! Using Monumental Sports Account Manager, you can:
- View your tickets on your mobile device.
- Transfer your tickets to family, friends, or clients.
- Sell your tickets using Ticketmaster Ticket Exchange.
If you do not know your password or are logging into your Monumental Sports Account Manager for the first time, your dedicated Membership Services specialist can help answer all your questions or handle requests.
TICKET MANAGEMENT FEATURES
Accessing your Monumental Sports Account Manager:
- Navigate to your Monumental Sports Account Manager on your mobile device or desktop web browser.
- Sign into your Monumental Sports Account Manager using your email address and password.
Viewing your mobile tickets:
Once you have logged in on your mobile device, select the event you would like to view.
- Tap VIEW BARCODE on the individual ticket to display the barcode before you arrive at the venue. Swipe to view your additional tickets.
- Add each ticket to Apple Wallet or Google Pay. This allows for easier mobile entry into the venue.
*Be sure to turn your screen brightness to the highest setting when you are getting your ticket scanned.
Transferring your tickets:
Once you have logged in on your mobile device or desktop web browser, select the event you would like to transfer.
- Select SEND.
- Select each seat you would like to transfer.
- Enter the recipient details and confirm the transfer.
*You will receive an email confirming that you have successfully transferred your tickets. Please note: you are unable to have tickets you have transferred sent back to your account after the recipient has accepted the offer.
Accepting transferred tickets:
- Click on the link in the transfer offer email.
- Sign into Monumental Sports Account Manager or create an account.
- Agree to the Terms and Conditions.
- Select the “Claim” button to accept your tickets.
- Once accepted the tickets are automatically loaded in your own account. To enter the venue via your mobile device, simply select the game you want to attend and select view barcode.
Reselling your tickets:
Once you have logged in on your mobile device or desktop web browser, select the event you would like to sell.
- Select SELL.
- Select each seat you wish to post for sale.
- Set your earning price.
- Choose whether you would like the payment received to be deposited into your bank account or used for seller credit toward your Washington Mystics account.
- Continue through the prompts and confirm to submit your listing.
GAME DAY TIPS
Before arriving at the venue to access the event, here are some tips to help expedite your game day entry:
- Access your tickets through the Monumental Sports Account Manager at least 24 hours prior to the event.
- Add your tickets to your Apple Wallet or Google Pay.
- Make sure your phone is fully charged.
- Have your ticket out and ready to be scanned before entering the venue. It is recommended that you send each guest their own individual ticket if the party is arriving separately.
- Reference the seat location on your ticket to access your seat.
Note: If you experience any ticket issues when entering the venue, visit the main box office for assistance.
DIGITAL TICKETING FAQs
Q: I have never used Monumental Sports Account Manager before. Do I already have an account? Do I need to create a new one?
A: If you have ever purchased tickets through the Washington Mystics, you already have an account in our ticketing system. If you do not know your password or are logging into your Monumental Sports Account Manager for the first time, your dedicated Mystics Membership Services specialist can help answer all your questions.
Q: Can I enter the venue by showing my tickets on my phone?
A: Yes! Mobile ticketing is available and highly recommended. You can access Monumental Sports Account Manager via the browser on your smartphone. Each mobile ticket will display with a square QR code which can be scanned for entry into the venue.
Q: Can I access my Washington Mystics tickets that I purchased on Ticketmaster.com?
Q: Can I still use my hard tickets?
A: Yes, your hard tickets issued from Monumental Sports are still valid. Using your mobile tickets is just the easiest way to access the event. Season ticket members can still manage their tickets through Monumental Sports Account Manager. If you choose to transfer or resell your tickets on Monumental Sports Account Manager, your original, printed ticket for that event will no longer be valid.
Q: What if I do not have a smartphone, or my phone breaks, dies, or is lost/stolen before I arrive on game day?
A: Simply visit the box office at the venue. We will print your tickets for you after presenting a valid photo ID for the name on the ticket account.
Q: Can I have multiple tickets on a single phone?
A: Yes, you can swipe through your available tickets at the venue if the entire party is present. However, it is much easier to send each attendee their individual ticket.
Q: What if I want to give my friends/family/clients their tickets ahead of time, or they aren’t with me when I am ready to enter?
A: You can easily send each guest their ticket individually since each person will need a ticket to enter the venue.
Q: Does the person I send the tickets to need have an account through Monumental Sports Account Manager?
A: Yes. If they do not have one already, they will create one in the acceptance process.
Q: Is there a cost to forward a ticket?
A: No, it’s free! Mystics full season ticket members can transfer their season tickets free of charge using Monumental Sports Account Manager.
Q: What if I want to sell my ticket?
A: You can list your ticket for sale through Ticketmaster Ticket Exchange, the preferred resale outlet of the Washington Mystics. Once the system is made available, you can access Ticketmaster Ticket Exchange online via Monumental Sports Account Manager.
*Please note: the only way to access proceeds from sold tickets immediately is to select the direct deposit option. If the seller credit option is selected, funds will be held in your Washington Mystics account. These funds may be used for future ticket purchases through the Washington Mystics or applied to your season ticket invoice for the following season. No refunds will be issued on seller credit to your team account. For more information on these options please contact Mystics Membership Services at 1-877-324-6671 or email@example.com.
Q: Can I also access my Capitals, Wizards, or Go-Go tickets online?
A: Yes, using Monumental Sports Account Manager you can access your tickets for all your teams in one convenient location. Monumental Sports Account Manager is your central location for all Monumental Sports tickets!