WASHINGTON MYSTICS (0-1) VS. PHOENIX (1-0)
Mystics 84 – Mercury 85
|TEAM||HIGH PTS||HIGH REB||HIGH AST|
|MYSTICS||Mitchell (25)||Hines-Allen (9)||Many (4)|
|MERCURY||Diggins-Smith (24)||Turner (11)||Taurasi (6)|
SAY HER NAME
On March 13, Breonna Taylor, a 26-year-old African-African EMT, was killed by the Louisville police department when the police entered her apartment shortly after midnight and fired numerous shots. It has been 186 days since her death and the police officers involved have not been arrested. We will continue to #Sayhername.
MSE x WHEN WE ALL VOTE
Monumental Sports & Entertainment (MSE) announced plans to help increase the enfranchisement and participation of eligible voters in elections. As part of this work, MSE has formed a partnership with When We All Vote, a nonpartisan, nonprofit organization on a mission to increase participation in every election. Register to vote today: whenweallvote.org/mystics/
- Leilani Mitchell led all players with 25 points (8-15 FG), marking a playoff career-best (prior career-high: 19 points, 9/12/17 @ LAS). Mitchell’s 25 points are the second most by a player this post season, and she joins Elena Delle Donne (five times), Emma Meesseman (two times) and Kristi Toliver (two times) as the only players to score 25-plus points in a playoff game since 2015.
- Washington went 9-18 (.500) from three-point territory with Mitchell totaling five three- pointers (a playoff-career best.) During the regular season, the Mystics shot 50.0% or better from three-point territory once (8/23/20 vs. PHX).
- Mitchell’s five three-pointers marks the most by a player this post season. During the 2019 WNBA Playoffs, three Mystics players (Natasha Cloud, Elena Delle Donne and Meesseman) all
totaled five-plus three pointers in a game.
- Washington scored 84 points, marking the seventh consecutive playoff game the Mystics have scored 80+ points (9/17/19-9/15/20).
- Emma Meesseman scored 18 points (8-15 FG), marking the eighth career playoff game she has totaled 17+ points. Meesseman scored 17+ points during the regular season on five occasions.