WASHINGTON MYSTICS (3-0) vs. SEATTLE STORM (2-1)
MYSTICS 89 – STORM 71
|TEAM||HIGH PTS||HIGH REB||HIGH AST|
|MYSTICS||Atkins (22)||Powers (8)||Mitchell (6)|
|STORM||Stewart (15)||Stewart (10)||Clark (4)|
SAY HER NAME
On March 13, Breonna Taylor, a 26 year old African-African EMT, was killed by the Louisville police department when the police entered her apartment shortly after midnight and fired numerous shots. It has been 139 days since her death and the police officers involved have not been arrested. We will continue to #Sayhername.
MSE x WHEN WE ALL VOTE
Monumental Sports & Entertainment (MSE) announced plans to help increase the enfranchisement and participation of eligible voters in elections. As part of this work, MSE has formed a partnership with When We All Vote, a nonpartisan, nonprofit organization on a mission to increase participation in every election.
QUOTE OF THE GAME
Ariel Atkins on the importance of speaking out on social justice issues because of her platform:
“I feel obligated because I have a platform. A lot of people may not think it’s that big, but people do watch us play. There’s a lot of young kids who watch us play, and I feel like it’s my job to show them a way to use their platform. I’m not a very vocal person all the time, but when I do have the chance to speak, I like to make sure that what comes out of my mouth does good to the world; It gives justice to those who deserve justice.”
- Washington has started the season 3-0, one of two teams (Chicago) to still be undefeated this season. The last time Washington started the season 3-0 was 2018 when the Mystics went 4-0.
- Washington made 10 three-pointers in the first half, marking the most by a team in a single half this season. Washington scored 10 or more three-pointers in a single half two times last season (first half = once, second half= once).
- Washington has scored 45+ points in the first half for the third consecutive game. The Mystics are averaging 53.5 first half points. Last season, the Mystics averaged 47.4 first half points.
- For the third consecutive game, the Mystics have had a different leading scorer (Hines-Allen, Powers, Atkins). Washington had four players score in double figures [Hines-Allen (17), Mitchell (12), Meesseman (10)].
- Ariel Atkins led the team in scoring with 22 points, marking her seventh career 20-point game.
- Atkins tied a career-high five three-point field goals (last: Aug. 2, 2019). Atkins joins Kelsey Mitchell (IND) and Sabrina Ionescu (NYL) to record at least five three-pointers in a game this season.
- In three games this season, Atkins has totaled a league-leading 11 three-pointers on .550 percent shooting (11-20).
- Washington posted a season-high 25 assists, tying Seattle and Chicago for the most assists in a single game this season. Four players (Mitchell, Hines-Allen, Powers and Meesseman) totaled four or more assist for the Mystics.
- Myisha Hines-Allen totaled 17 points, five rebounds and five assists. Hines-Allen recorded her third consecutive 15 point and five rebound game.
- The Mystics totaled 15 three-point makes, the most by a team this season. Last season, Washington totaled 15+ three-pointers once.
- Washington shot .469 from three-point range (15-32 3PM). Last season, the Mystics shot .450 percent or better from three-point territory in nine games, posting a 9-0 record.
- Washington has totaled 284 points in their first three games of the season, ranking third most in WNBA history (CON: 289, 2018/MIN: 285, 2009).
- Washington has won two of their first three games by 15+ points (IND, 25 points/SEA, 18 points), which marks the third time in franchise history that the Mystics have won at least two of their first three games by 15+ points (2019, 2016).