WASHINGTON MYSTICS (1-0) vs. INDIANA FEVER (0-1)
MYSTICS 101 – FEVER 76
|TEAM||HIGH PTS||HIGH REB||HIGH AST|
|MYSTICS||Hines-Allen (27)||Hines-Allen (10)||Mitchell (4)|
|FEVER||Mitchell (25)||Achonwa (7)||Vivians (5)|
SAY HER NAME
On March 13, Breonna Taylor, a 26 year old African-African EMT, was killed by the Louisville police department when the police entered her apartment shortly after midnight and fired numerous shots. It has been 134 days since her death and the police officers involved have not been arrested. We will continue to #Sayhername.
MSE x WHEN WE ALL VOTE
Monumental Sports & Entertainment (MSE) announced plans to help increase the enfranchisement and participation of eligible voters in elections. As part of this work, MSE has formed a partnership with When We All Vote, a nonpartisan, nonprofit organization on a mission to increase participation in every election. Following the leadership of Monumental Basketball players, MSE is organizing its staff, athletes, coaches, and operations personnel from across all five of MSE’s teams to participate in a series of activities to consistently stress the importance of voting. Joining with the Washington Capitals, Mystics, Wizards, Capital City Go-Go and Wizards District Gaming, employees and leadership across MSE will have the opportunity to share information on how to register, celebrate milestones on the path to greater enfranchisement, and push turnout around election days.
QUOTE OF THE GAME
Ariel Atkins on playing for something bigger than basketball: “We want justice for Breonna Taylor, we want her killers to be arrested. We stand united as a league, and we back that. We will continue to back that until her and all the other Black women who have been treated without justice get their due justice. It’s a tough situation, but I appreciate, and I’m very thankful, to be part of a league that’s handling the tough stuff.”
- Washington scored 62 first half points in the game. The Mystics’ 62 first-half points mark the most the team has scored in the first half since June 13, 2018 when the team scored 65 first half points at Connecticut. Last season Washington scored 60+ points in a half once (64, vs. IND – 8/18/19- second half).
- Myisha Hines-Allen scored a career-high 27 points. Hines-Allen’s 22 first half points are the most by a Mystics player since Elena Delle Donne scored 25 first half points against the Liberty (9/3/2019). Last season, three Mystics players (Delle Donne, Meesseman, Toliver) scored 20+ points in a half.
- Hines-Allen’s totaled 27 points and 10 rebounds, marking her third career double-double (last: May 29, 2018 at Seattle). Myisha’s 27 points and 10 rebounds were both a game and league high.
- The Mystics shot .722 percent from the floor and .714 percent from three-point territory in the first half, marking the first time that Washington has shot .700 percent or better from both the floor and three-point range in a single half since August 27, 2016 (73.3 FG%/75.0 3P%, Washington at Indiana).
- Washington’s 101 points are the most scored in a season-opener in franchise history. The previous high was 95 points (5/27/13 at Tulsa, 5/23/06 vs. New York).
- The Mystics 25-point win over the Fever marks the first time Washington has won by 25+ points in a season-opener since May 23, 2006 (WAS 95, NYL 60). The last time a team won their season-opener by 25 or more points was by the Connecticut Sun on May 20, 2018 (Sun, 101- Las Vegas Aces, 65). Washington won by 25+ points eight times last season.
- Washington opened the season shooting .559 percent from the field and .412 percent from three-point range. The last time the Mystics shot both .550 from the floor and .400 from three-point territory was September 9, 2018 versus Seattle (57.6 FG%/46.2 3P%).
- Five Mystics players scored in double-figures (Powers, Hines-Allen, Meesseman, Atkins, Peddy). Last season, Washington had five players score 10+ points in 12 games.
- Washington totaled 41 rebounds, with four players (Powers, Hines-Allen, Meesseman, Coates) grabbing five-plus rebounds. Last season, Washington totaled 40+ rebounds in four games.
- Washington has won 11-straight against the Fever and have not registered a loss against Indiana since September 11, 2016 (Indiana 80, Washington 73).